A day in my life

by | Jan 20, 2022 | Uncategorized | 1 comment

A day in my life.

  • I woke up at 5:33 a.m. and began my day with a cup of Tully brand Keurig coffee.  Then I sat down on my sofa and began playing the youtube channel, Journey Deeper, praying the Holy Rosary for Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
  • After praying for over half an hour, I began making an italian roast flavored coffee for my husband.  I added a teaspoon of sugar and a bit of french vanilla Nestle creamer.  As it brewed, I began preparing my daughter’s buttered-sugar toast.
  • It was already 6:14 a.m. and I went to wake my daughter from her deep slumber.  I, also, offered my husband the coffee in bed.
  • The timer on the toaster signaled that the toast was ready.  I placed it on a plate and added more sweet sugar.  I placed this on the glass-covered dining table.

The day got off to a good start.

  • I logged into my desktop Dell computer, ready to work.  I sent the usual sign-in email with the subject line, good morning.
  • In half an hour, my daughter thanked me for making her breakfast, while listening to Change my clothes, by Dream & Alec Benjamin.  She was ready to have her dad drive her to school in our family car.
  • I became immersed in my work.  I accepted a virtual meeting at 9:00 a.m.  
  • The meeting went on for a little over an hour.  There was much discussion about a report design and the meeting ended with the intention to have another meeting to continue, at 11:00 a.m.
  • It was time for a break – a half an hour walk around the block.

The stress of the meeting dissipated into the walk around the block and there was peace.

  • Along the walk, the sun shone; the crows crowed; the parrots cackled and flew in a flock; the passersby walked his corgi.

The time passed quickly.

  • I was ready for the next virtual meeting.
  • The meeting started off with people missing so we waited.
  • It was 11:07 a.m. and we started discussing matters on the design of the report again.  Everyone spoke in turn, as the specifications began to materialize.
  • By noon, the meeting ended to be continued at 5:30 p.m.

The home phone kept ringing off the hook.

  • The stress from the meeting dissipated as I ate some chunks of cheddar cheese, cashew nuts, almonds, and dried cranberries.
  • It was time for lunch my husband had prepared – some deep-fried pork belly and broccoli with white jasmine rice.
  • As I relaxed for a few hours, I cleaned the bookshelf, the nest tables, the make-shift altar, etc.

By 3:00 p.m., I had an unexpected visitor.

  • My friend came to visit.
  • We chatted about the Lord, scripture, and prayer.

The time passed quickly.

  • The virtual meeting lasted for 3 hours into the evening.
  • It was time for a humble dinner.

As my words dwindle, the night fell into a close of a day in my life (of course with prayer before sleep) 🙂

Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day. 

1 Comment

  1. nimabi

    Thank you very much for sharing, I learned a lot from your article. Very cool. Thanks. nimabi


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to content